Scabies is a type of skin problem that is caused by a mite, sarcoptes scabiei. This bacterium has potential to live on human skin for a month. The problem is highly contagious and can spread easily from one to other, if came in close contact. Scabies is more common among babies, children and young adults. It generally affects the shoulder-blade, buttock, sole of the foot, area under the breast, waist, between fingers, knees, elbow and genital area. There are several remedies that can be used to get rid of scabies naturally at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best home remedies for scabies treatment. These remedies are natural and are easily available. Read the article and learn more about scabies and remedies to get rid of it.
Common symptoms of scabies include intense pain, itching, rashes and redness around the infected area. There can be swelling and blisters, too.
The mites spread to others through close contact with an infected person, sharing personal items belonging to an infected person and sexual contact with a person who has an infestation.
Prompt treatment is essential to reduce the symptoms of scabies. There are over-the-counter as well as prescription medicines for scabies. However, you can start treatment at home by trying some simple natural remedies that use readily available ingredients.
The simplest way to soothe scabies itching and other symptoms is to soak the affected area in cool water for 10 minutes, pat dry your skin with a clean towel and then apply some calamine lotion, which you can buy from the market without a prescription.
Alternatively, you can place a washcloth soaked in cool water on their irritated skin and then apply some calamine lotion. Do this several times a day.
Home Remedies for Scabies Treatment:
Scabies is a contagious skin problem which is marked by redness on skin, itchiness, intense pain and itching. As said above the problem is more common among kids and babies, thus it is very obvious that you do not want your baby to go through chemical-rich lotions. Here are some of the best home remedies for scabies treatment that you can go for. Remedies for scabies are:
home remedies for scabies
1.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Scabies
Turmeric is one of the best remedies of scabies treatment. Using it is also easy. It is rich in anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help treat scabies well. It helps get rid of itchiness and inflammation. What you have to do is:
- Take some turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add enough lemon juice and water to make a paste.
- Mix it well and when the paste is ready, apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then wash off with lukewarm water.
2.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Scabies
Tea tree oil is also one of the most amazing remedies for scabies treatment. This is one of the most effective remedies for scabies as it is has compound terpinen-4-ol. This compound is effective at killing the bacteria that causes scabies. Also, it is anti-septic, disinfectant, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that are used to cure a number of various skin problems. It also stimulates the healing process. What you have to do is:
- Fill your bath tub with water.
- Add twelve drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Soak yourself in the water for 20 minutes.
- Pat dry your skin.
- Do it twice a day for best results.
- If it seems difficult to soak your body twice a day then you can go for other way as well.
- Mix some tea tree oil with olive oil.
- Take a cotton ball and use it to apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Apply it twice a day for best results.
- Repeat the process for three weeks.
3.) Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains a compound called terpinen-4-ol that helps kill the parasite that causes scabies. Also, the anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, antiseptic, antiparasitic, antibacterial, antifungal and wound-healing qualities of tea tree oil help treat scabies.
Mix one tablespoon each of tea tree oil and olive oil. Use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the affected area. Do this twice daily for two to three weeks. It will help decrease swelling and pain while speeding up the healing process.
Alternatively, add 10 to 12 drops of pure tea tree oil to a bathtub of lukewarm water. Take a bath in this water twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid using tea tree oil. Also, tea tree oil can irritate sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, test the treatment on a small area first.
4.) Margosa Leaves to Heal Scabies
Margosa leaves are high in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and thus they help treat a number of skin related problems like rashes. It is also one of the most effective remedies for scabies treatment. It helps get rid of all the symptoms of scabies. What you have to do is:
- Take some fresh margosa leaves and grind them to make a paste.
- Wash the affected area before applying it.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for half an hour and then wash off the area.
5.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Scabies
Cayenne pepper is also used to treat a number of health related problems. It is highly effective at fighting of the symptoms of common cold. Cayenne pepper is also one of the most effective remedies for scabies. It kills the bacteria of scabies and speeds up the healing process. What you have to do is:
- Fill your bath tub with warm water.
- Add one cup of cayenne pepper to it.
- Soak your body in the water till it is warm.
- Make sure that the water does not go in your eyes.
- As it is pepper, it will definitely cause burning sensations.
- After that, take a shower to remove the pepper.
6.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Scabies
It is the remedy that has been used to treat a number of skin problems. Aloe Vera is rich in properties that soothe skin. It is used to treat a number of skin problems. It is also one of the most amazing remedies for scabies treatment. It relieves itchiness and inflammation. What you have to do is:
- Take a fleshy Aloe Vera leaf.
- Cut it into two to extract the gel.
- Apply the gel on the affected area.
- Apply it daily for best results.
7.) Rosemary to Heal Scabies
Rosemary is also one of the most effective remedies for scabies treatment. It has properties that help get rid of various symptoms of scabies. It helps avoid irritation and inflammation and it also speeds up the healing process. What you have to do is:
- Take some rosemary leaves in a cup.
- Pour hot water in the cup.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to cool.
- When it has cooled completely, use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat it thrice a day for best results.
8.) Garlic to Get Rid of Scabies
Garlic is rich in microbial and anti-bacterial properties that help get rid of inflammation, redness, and itchiness. You can try the two of the ways. You can either consume two-three garlic cloves daily or can topically apply the garlic extract. Maintain a gap of two days if going for topical application.
9.) White Vinegar to Treat Scabies
You can also go for white vinegar to treat scabies. White vinegar has properties that balance the pH level of the skin. Along with that, it helps avoid inflammation and redness. It also fights of itchiness. Thus, it is one of the most effective remedies for scabies treatment. What you have to do is:
- Dilute some white vinegar with water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat it thrice a day for best results.
10.) Onion to Cure Scabies
Onion is one of the most amazing remedies for scabies treatment. It is also used to cure other skin related problems as well. Onion can also be used to get rid of scabies naturally at home. Onion has properties that stimulate the healing process and also prevent the infection. Follow the steps given below to use onion to heal scabies:
- Take some onions and grate them.
- Now extract the juice from the grated onions.
- Apply the juice on the affected area and leave for a while.
- Wash it off with water.
“Herbs and Supplements for Scabies – Instant Treatment of Scabies” is replublished article from http://healthylifeandshape.blogspot.com/2016/06/herbs-and-supplements-for-scabies.html