|self-proclaimed experts say: “I do not cod liver’s poison have too much vitamin A pop … the best one kg of vitamin D pills if you want to do something for your health !.” Really?|
“Grandma was right” – That is, if the statement of the week will – a statement that is established by the SuppVersity Figure of the Week that is p = 0.04 and describes the probability that the association between consumption of cod liver oil and a reduced occurrence of infects the upper respiratory tract (URTI) Swedish researchers observed in a cohort of 6,350 middle-aged participants and elderly in Study Tromsø 6 of which Robertsen et al. Actually he had hoped it would finally confirm the protective effects of high (or more) levels of vitamin D / intake against respiratory disease. As it turned out, however, neither vitamin D (25-OHD), or fish intake, n-3 capsules or vitamin and / or mineral supplements were significantly associated. Shamed be he who thinks now of vitamin A; -)
- 2-fold increase in fat oxidation W / correct timing of training (Darvakh 2013) – Assuming that you want to burn the maximum amount of fat during a workout, time could have more important factor than previously thought.
Figure 1: maximum fat oxidation, the required intensity to achieve fatty acid oxidation and maximum oxidation of total fat per minute; all values expressed in relation to average total for each category (Darvakh. 2013)
In a recent study Department of Physical Education and Sports Science in Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz In Iran, the maximum rate of fatty acid oxidation in healthy but subjects untrained was 2 times higher in the afternoon compared to both morning and afternoon conditions.
What is equally interesting to note is the fact that the intensity of exercise required to achieve maximum fatty acid oxidation was higher in the morning. It is not surprising that total fatty acid oxidation per minute in all three trials was the highest when participants worked in the morning!
Briefly: is not only control the missing diet, but also the very idea that “burning fat as fuel” during a workout would have beneficial effects on weight loss long term – not only helps you lose weight, when you are not in a caloric deficit that makes the results of the current study interesting but more or less irrelevant. My personal advice would be: exercise, if it can muster the time and whenever you have the choice, base your decision on when to work out on performance measures, not the results of studies like these (more information on planning your workouts here ).
- is the opportune moment to DIABESITY aggressive cures (Belsare 2010) – Anyone who has heard the episode Super Human Radio Wednesday, when Carl Lanore interviewed Indian researcher G. Milind Watve, co- author of the article in question, and be familiar with the concept:
Table 1: (. Belsare 2010) Molecules that affect aggressive behavior and insulin resistance
Physical aggression is known to increase the secretion of epidermal growth factor (EGF) in anticipation of injury and EGF is important in the regeneration of pancreatic beta cells also. In anticipation of hormones related injuries aggression also facilitate angiogenesis and angiogenesis dysfunction is the root cause of a number of co-morbidities of insulin resistance syndrome.
injury proneness typical lifestyle ‘diplomatic’ reduced also redirect the immune system resulting in delayed wound healing on one side, and increased systemic inflammation in the other. Diabetes is negatively associated with physical aggression behavior. “
These and associations undoubtedly striking researchers collected in tabular summary used as a basis for Table 1 on the right of this post (which I read the following: the arrows indicate up / down-regulation or POS – / neg correlation ;. causation shown in A1 / B1 = mutant experiment or knockout / causality “a” “B” / reverse; A2 / B2 = exp pharmacological / physiological based infusion or the use of agonists / antagonists) ;. C indicates only statistical association w / out direct evidence of causality), which justifies undoubtedly the hypothesis:
“[…] that the removal of physical aggression is the important signal for the development of metabolic syndrome behavior.”
However, despite the fact that “preliminary tests behavioral intervention indicate that games and exercises that involve physical aggression reduce systemic inflammation and improve glycemic control” – the same is true for “unagressive” types of exercise , so I can not vouch, but my doubts about the causal nature of aggression in this game suitable laziness.
Sugg. Podcast: Pigeons, diplomats and Diabetes: A Darwinian interpretation of the obesity epidemic ( listen )
Briefly: Regardless of the nature causal or correlative of the lack of aggression or its presence in the etiology and resolution of the obesity epidemic.
At the end, I’m with Dr. Watve and colleagues in India: non-pharmacological and IMHO only viable solution to our problem are changes in lifestyle – and so the “aggressiveness” is in question, I guess, just we have to enforce these more aggressive. At least as aggressively as the Australians are taking their “war against” smoking cigarettes -. Perhaps a “war” and not as a search for revenue generation pharmacological solutions to behavior problems as they still are doing now
- Breast cancer protective effects of algae – proof of principle (2013 teas.) – Researchers Cancer Center in South Carolina in University of Carolina South state in their article recently published in Journal of Applied Physiology consumption of seaweed ( Undaria ) as a supplement covers (5 g / day, total) decreases urinary urokinase type plasminogen activator receptor human (uPAR) healthy postmenopausal women IN15 concentrations (5 had no history of breast cancer, 5 were surivors breast cancer) during 3 months
Simple blind placebo-controlled clinical trial.
What to do with these results? With the increase uPAR well established in post-menopausal and highly significant correlation with poor outcome of breast cancer. Scientists say that this controlled experiment would provide the hitherto “proof of principle” needed to confirm the observed effects epidemiologically breast cancer algae.
- Pre and Post-workout supplementation with VPX NO Shotgun flagship products and synthesising promote fat free profits more than pure sugar (Ormsbee 2013) – Actually I did not want to publish this study, but it is so hilariously funny that I could not resist informing him about the marginal edge of the provision of post-workout supplements VPX pre and nO Shotgun and not synthesise had in a study sponsored by the State University of Florida which it has been published in provisional form on Friday afternoon.
When the researchers analyzed the effects of the provision of such supplements before and after workouts each of the 29 healthy men had trained endurance compared with a maltodextrin [yeah, that’s protein, BCAA, creatine, caffeine, beta alanine & more in the “multi-ingredient performance supplements (MIPS) vs. plain sugar as “control” placebo)] found
no group interaction time for HR, BP, blood glucose, lipids, NOx, hs-CRP,
cortisol levels or body fat
- significant decrease in body fat in both groups (mean ± SD; MIPS: -1.2 ± 1.2%; placebo: -0.9 ± 1.1%), fat android (MIPS: -1.8 ± 2.1%; placebo: -1.6 ± 2.0%) and gynoid fat (MIPS: -1.3 ± 1 0.6%; placebo: -1.0 ± 1.4%) and * drumroll please *
- a group × time interaction increases in fat-free mass, which were significantly higher (4.2% vs. 1.9%) after intake of supplements kitchen sink compared to 21 g of pure maltodextrin
Briefly: I wonder when the first supplement company dares to make a comparative study of their product to a tourist base creatine + whey and a cup of coffee before training … what? Well, I guess you could be right.
That’s it for this installment of “short-term” If you still have some time to kill before starting the weekend, I suggest you take a look at one of the following news Facebook:
I hope not forget that already. Peptides containing isoleucine-in-hydro whey can also ramp up GLUT-4 expression and increase glucose uptake in skeletal muscle – a true effect of redistribution ( more )
Resistance promoting effects of hydroelectric serum – hydrolyzed whey protein known as “serum low molecular weight” has superior effects on the resistance of the rodent compared with isolated normal serum ( read more )
- Influenza vaccine commercialization through commercialization of the disease – Scientists young Harvard talks about the hilariousness of flu vaccine ( more )
- Another test androgens program fat cell-to-be to become bone, not fat -. “[O] ur results suggest that androgens promote a program osteogenic gene at the expense adipocyte differentiation “( read more )
- -metabólico flexibility is a characteristic feature of polycystic ovary syndrome in women – which is corroborated by both insulin resistance and excess androgens ( more )
If that’s still not enough to satisfy your cravings, just “as” SuppVersity on Facebook and keep pace with the latest news I’m sure there will be more come before the next full article will be published tomorrow.
- Belsare PV, Watve MG, Ghaskadbi SS, DS Bhat, Yajnik CS, Jog metabolic M.
Down syndrome: mechanisms of control of aggression have gone out of control. The Med. 2010 hypothesis
- Darvakh H, M Nikbakht, Shakerian S, Mousavian AS. Effect of circadian rhythm at the peak maximum fat oxidation on non-Athletic. Zahedan J Res Med Sci 2013.; 15 [epub ahead of print].
- Ormsbee MJ, Thomas DD, Mandler WK, Ward, EG, Kinsey AW, Panton LB, Scheett TP,
Hooshmand S, E Simonavice, Kim JS. The effects of pre- and post-exercise
supplements consumption performance of various ingredients in cardiovascular health
and body fat in trained after six weeks of resistance training men: a laminate,
randomized, double-blind. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2013 May 16; 10 (1): 39.
- Robertsen S, Grimnes G, H. Melbye association between levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin
D concentration and symptoms of respiratory tract infection in a Norwegian
population: Tromsø Study. Public Health Nutr. 2013 Jun 9: 1-7.
- Teas J, Vena S, Cone DL, Irhimeh M. Consumption of seaweeds as a protective
factor in the etiology of breast cancer: proof of principle. J Appl Phycol. 2013
“The cod liver oil versus URTI. 2x higher fat oxidation W / Optimal timing of training, aggressive control Diabesity, algae and Breast Cancer without sugar supplements Superior ” is replublished article from suppversity.blogspot.com