Diseases Health Problems Yes glucose intolerance not treated immediately, it can make a person acquires diabetes. And in the end, it brings you closer to the risk of coronary heart disease. When we eat, that will definitely fill the body with more energy than before eating. However, due to certain conditions, our bodies reject the food, or in the sense of the use of food nutrients. This makes develop an inability to produce energy. An example is glucose intolerance . On this occasion, we will delve into what is glucose intolerance, causes, symptoms and tips to treat it.
The causes of glucose intolerance
glucose intolerance is a condition in which the body can not convert sugar into energy to be used by the body. This is due to low or no production of insulin by the body. When we eat, the pancreas secretes insulin. This insulin sugars from food is broken down and used for energy. Due to some reason, the body is unable to produce enough insulin to do this job, then that person is said to have impaired glucose tolerance. This causes sugar levels in the body in high health risks. Many people often think that glucose intolerance is the same with diabetes. Although both are very similar, in fact it is not really the same. Diabetes is another stage in the development of glucose intolerance. Therefore, if you want to reduce the possible risk of developing diabetes, you must perform a routine inspection.
glucose intolerance symptoms
Every person will not experience the same symptoms of this condition.
tiredness, blurred vision, frequent urination, excessive thirst and hunger, insulin resistance, anxiety, weight loss, swelling, frequent headaches, depressive behavior, often muscle cramps experience, lack of concentration, high blood pressure, itchy skin.
If you are experiencing some of the symptoms mentioned above, it is recommended to do a test to check the level of insulin in your body. This can be done through a blood test. The following steps will be involved in the tests to check glucose in the body.
- You will be asked not to eat anything for about 10 hours before the blood test.
- When you are doing the test, blood is drawn to check the level of glucose in it.
- Below will be given a glucose solution to drink, and your blood will be taken back in time and a half or an hour to be checked.
General test may take approximately 3 hours. A person suffering from type 2 diabetes can also be diagnosed with high levels of glucose in the blood it contains.
- If you are overweight, the chances of getting a high risk of developing diabetes type 2. Therefore, try to lose weight.
- Fiber-rich foods will help increase metabolism and ensure good health.
- Another thing you can do is to exercise regularly. This will keep your body in shape and help fight this disease.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol, try eating the right foods.
- If you are a smoker, quit smoking immediately. It will help not only to combat glucose intolerance but also in other areas of health.
The symptoms observed and treatment used vary from person. If you have glucose intolerance , go to the doctor and do tests to be able to take measures adecuadas.Usted you are reading: What is glucose intolerance, because